First ferro fluid pictures

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
No
My first go at taking pictures of ferro fluid, inspired by previous threads. C & C welcome.

Ahh, just seen these, absolutely love #4, I like the processing.... The rest are pin sharp and great use of DOF but you need to look at your composition a bit, for example #1 could be cropped about halfway down as you only really need to see the top 4/5ths of the nut / ferrofluid, the rest is distracting. My top tip is to use white plastic disposable bowls (from Poundland / Wilkos etc usually found with the paper plates / plastic cutlery) as these contain the mess and also provide a clean backdrop. You can always cut part of the rim off to allow you better access for your lens too!

Carl

Damn, that's funky stuff!

Great first attempt mukka. #4 for me aswell.
Looks like i have a lot of work to do, will hopefully give it a go this weekend.
Well done:clap:

Thanks for the feedback everyone, have to agree with you #4 for me as well. Will try out a few more this weekend, after shopping at poundland for some plastic bowls, (thanks for the tip Carl).

(y)
Missed this thread when it was on page 1! Great shots, I love the reflected light in #4 and the way it appears to twist around in #3. Fantastic first go!

Back