First few from Scotland.......

Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of a mission this time, Fort William, Skye, Uist & Benbecula, Eriskay, Barra & Vatersay. Back to Skye then back to fort william.

Camera loaded up thursday night, all working. Arrive at Glen Loy 8am friday morning via a very cloudy Glen Coe, bit of a bugger as we'd driven up overnight in order to get there for the ridiculously early Scottish sunrise (does it actually get dark?)

Anyway, Camera out. Mirror mechanism buggered. Oh tits. A whole 10 days with only a 3.2Mp canon sureshot for company. lovely. And to cap it all off we had the best weather I've seen in 10 years of visiting the blessed place!

GRRRRRRRRR!!!

Anyway, these shots are all from Vatersay. Beautiful, lonely place stuck on the arse end of the outer hebs.

expect many, many more shots as I will probably show most of them to you at some point.

The panorama was a stitched job from 6 shots from the canon compact. the rest were a d200 borrowed off my mate in the few minutes he'd stopped to have a fag and a cuppa. Silly boy ;)

Vattersay1.jpg

DSC0117.jpg

DSC0122.jpg

Thoughts welcome......

Great shots! Love the second one, the colours and the beach look amazing! Look forward to seeing the other shots you took!

Thoughts.... I would have been jumping mad if my camera went U/S in what is obviously such a fab location.

Photography - the last shot is great. I love the light and composition. The sky and its reflection leads you into the shot brilliantly. Looking forward to some more please.

(y)

Hi Spencer

Sry to hear about the camera :( Looks like you had a great time in Scotland. I might be heading up there later in the summer.

Great shots again. Number 3 for me.

Gerald

Looking forward to the Barra shots as it's on my wishlist!

a lovely first three shots to start with, can't chose between them!

Excellent set of photos (y)
Think they are all great, but the lighting on no2 probably makes that one my
favourite.

We've been robbed!

I was looking forward to seeing loads of good stuff but am I to assume your output will be limited - I hope not!

Nice start anyway mate. I wait and watch with interest! (y)

Last one for me, great sky/light and those Fg reflections are just strong enough to anchor the image & hold it together.

Great shots! Love the second one, the colours and the beach look amazing! Look forward to seeing the other shots you took!

Thanks, trying to sort through some but it's always hard when you've just got backl and are busy trying to get midge corpses out of everything!

Thoughts.... I would have been jumping mad if my camera went U/S in what is obviously such a fab location.

There wasn't a lot I could do about it so it wasn't worth getting stressed, whisky may've helped ;) It was good to be a bit challenged too.

Really like those last two...I really want to go back to scotland now :(

So what's stopping you?

Hi Spencer

Sry to hear about the camera :( Looks like you had a great time in Scotland. I might be heading up there later in the summer.

Great shots again. Number 3 for me.

Gerald

Cheers Gerald, did indeed have a great time. I'd highly recommend a tour of the western isles if you can squeeze it in!

Looking forward to the Barra shots as it's on my wishlist!

a lovely first three shots to start with, can't chose between them!

Um, not sure I have too many shots of Barra itself. Bit of an off day (bad hangover, see reply above ;))

Great photos,shows a different side of Scotland

Yeah, it has many facets. These beaches are all shells btw. Oh, and there's good chance of coming across the other, military, type of shell too. Big range operated out there by Qinetiq for missiles and such like!

Nice series, 2nd one for me - simple but very effective, excellent colours on them all (y)

simon

Thanks

Excellent set of photos (y)
Think they are all great, but the lighting on no2 probably makes that one my
favourite.

Thanks

Good set with the last two standing out for me.
Sounds like you has a rare old time!

Did indeed.

We've been robbed!

I was looking forward to seeing loads of good stuff but am I to assume your output will be limited - I hope not!

Nice start anyway mate. I wait and watch with interest! (y)

A bit limited yes, but I think between me an' my mate we probably took about 1500 shots over 10 days. battery power was an issue, ended up staying in a hotel just to charge everything up!

Love the 2nd one.... what pp was done on it??

Very little, just a sharpen and a quick boost to saturation/contrast as I always have these turned to minimum in the camera for shooting RAW.

Nice set. 2nd & 3rd would be my choices

Last one for me, great sky/light and those Fg reflections are just strong enough to anchor the image & hold it together.

Thanks peeps.

hi spencer...great shots mate (y).camera's eh,who'd have them :bonk::LOL:

Not me apparently!

Beautiful shots, the stand out is number 3 for me but the second one is very close too.

Hope to see more from your trip.

Cheers

Iain

wow-very nice and the colors are beautiful
2 and 3 are my favs, but i hate to choose lol
hope to see more of your works with landscaping in particular = )
thats fit for a desktop wallpaper-sweet

Last edited:
love the perspective in #2 and #3
not so keen on #1 - quite bland by comparison

shame about the hardware though

Great shots - but that's why I always carry several bodies - just in case! Come back soon.

Impressive pictures for a lowly compact - love #3, the texture in the foreground is excellent

Back