First Footie Match

Edit My Images
Yes
So it was time to learn how to photograph a sports event. So took my camera and lenses down to a local football match.

The light progressively got worse as the game went on but the camera and lens i think have done a pretty good result?

I'd appreciate any C&C - like i said first time i've tried this and using fast shutter speeds since i got my DSLR :)

Oh and apologies for the amount :shake:

teamtalk.jpg

backtogoal.jpg

boxscuffle.jpg

4. Really not sure if this one works or not?

decision.jpg

effort.jpg

slidetackle.jpg

blindheader.jpg

goalkick.jpg

Some good shots there. Like the last one, the look on the 'whites' face. You done a bit better than i did at my first game. I look forward to seeing some more.

In general I like them, but number 4 is great. Really like the idea. What camera & lens was used? Can I also ask, what shutter speeds and apertures did you use towards the end of the game when the light was worst?

In general I like them, but number 4 is great. Really like the idea. What camera & lens was used? Can I also ask, what shutter speeds and apertures did you use towards the end of the game when the light was worst?

40d + 70-200 2.8 IS

At the start of the game i could use silly shutter speeds as the light was good 1000+ f/2.8 ISO 100

As the game went on i had to go to 800 f/2.8 ISO 800-1000

:)

Nice set of pics for your first time shooting footie. Well done!

There good pics and for first time they are especially good

I like the expressions you have captured on number 7 - well done.

thanks everyone for the nice comments :) looking forward to my next one now (weather dependant!)

Good set of pictures there - well done :clap:(y)

Back