First go at a dome.

Brilliant.....(y)I am just getting into light orbs and want to have a go at doing some domes. Gotta be an old bike wheel around somewhere..

Excellent. First time I've seen this done but I think it's time to strip the bike

There's something about your axle length that means by rolling it round several times your lights are falling in almost the same place where, with the precise ratio, you should get your trails more evenly spaced (see below). Either that or you're rolling it round one way then back again :thinking:

I do like the stuttering effect of the lights you've used.

For those who haven't seen it before, there's a tutorial linked in my sig.

Light Painted Dome

There's something about your axle length that means by rolling it round several times your lights are falling in almost the same place where, with the precise ratio, you should get your trails more evenly spaced (see below). Either that or you're rolling it round one way then back again :thinking:

I do like the stuttering effect of the lights you've used.

For those who haven't seen it before, there's a tutorial linked in my sig.

Light Painted Dome

Cheers Andrew,just dancing in the dark ,with domes the stutter effect was purely accidental hopeing to get it a lot sharper:bang:I'll give it another go tonight.

That's looking very good, this will hopefully be something I try soon, just getting my head into Orbs just now, but this has FUN written all over it!

Thanks all your comments are much appreciated and hi Andrew,yep live in Southsea ,often round old Portsmouth and the beach might see you around.

These shots are great - like futuristic prisons, I'd like to see some puppets held for ransom inside them!

That's a brilliant first attempt (y) it's something that I aim to give a go this year, so if you hear reports of missing bike wheels in Warwickshire :muted: it wasn't me all right :LOL: so don't call the :police:

Matt
MWHCVT

Back