First good lens - new Canon EF 70-300 f4-5.6 IS USM

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Woo-hoo!:woot:

Completely blows my old Sigma zoom out of the water in terms of focussing speed and image clarity. My first proper lens!
Never used IS before - what a difference it makes.

Can't wait for the weekend to try it out properly :D

:) Steve

It's a lovely lens. I just don't use mine often enough!

FANTASTIC lens. I shot a lot with mine, but sold it to upgrade to 70-200 f4 L, but sometimes I wonder why....

Cheers,
James

Sometimes I'm just amazed at how often this lens is on my 350D. It's used far more often than the 18-55 kit lens, and my 50mm f1.8. I use it for wildlife, motor sport, portraits and even some landscapes.

I started to fall out of love with it recently, as my images weren't sharp, but that was all down to me rather than the glass... :|

It's a good bit of kit (y)

Steve

It's a great lens. It was the second lens I bought - I got it primarily for motorsport but find it's still my most-used lens when I'm outside. :)

people call the 75-300 usm mk3 but it can be a sharp lens in the right light

Heard bad things about the 75-300, apparently Image and build qualiy are pretty poor.

Yes so have i....although ive had mine for a couple of years now and had no trouble at all, ok its plastic but i dont go smashing my equipment on rocks. As far as image quality if you bump up the stops it handles pretty good.

Dave

Yes i agree probably the worst lens ever made dont you think? Sorry for the small image

33998_1189966350.jpg

I bought mine to take on holiday with me last year, been delighted with it ever since, look forward to seeing what results you get with it :)

Its a pretty good bit of glass for the money. I use mine a lot for motorsport, but I would advise keeping it 70-200 as above 200mm it does tail off a fair bit.

Back