First half decent Goldfinch shots

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Well the two I have in my garden only seem to feed when I am right out the way :thinking: After chatting to a lady in the pet shop the other day she said I was more than welcome to use her garden. A little cottage tucked away with a stream running through it was the perfect place for me :D Here is my first effort. Any C&C most welcome.

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_40522.jpg

Beautiful shots great eye contact and nice and sharp well done you!

Thanks Tarik, they were hand held due to the fact that I forgot I had taken the quick release mount off the camera a couple of days ago :bonk::bonk::bonk:
Here are two more.

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

The 3rd shot is stunning, pin sharp detail - I would be well proud of that one.

Nice set Rich - the inquisitive pose in no 3 is my fav.

No 3 for me as well - but good set overall :clap::clap:

Lovely little birds aren't they...........and they just stuff themself with niger seeds any chance they get:LOL:

No 3 for me as well - but good set overall :clap::clap:

Lovely little birds aren't they...........and they just stuff themself with niger seeds any chance they get:LOL:

Thanks Keith, you aint wrong there. I need to see if I can set something set up so they are more on my eye level. I am sat on a bank the other side of a stream in umongst the nettles. They are about 6ft away and aprox 4ft higher than myself in amongst the trees which run for about 15ft along the edge of the stream. There is only a small window of opportunity with the light when it shines down through the stream, after that the light is behind the bird giving me those blown backgrounds :( Not being my garden I did not want to re design it for the lady :LOL:

Nice feather and eye detail Rich, you have caught the colour of the bird well (y)

2 and 3 are beautiful shots, nice work!

nice shots rich. if your gonna go round again why not take a teasel with you and put some seed on the back out of sight of the lens, then you will have the clasic goldie shot :)

Nice feather and eye detail Rich, you have caught the colour of the bird well (y)
Thanks for the kind comment Martyn
2 and 3 are beautiful shots, nice work!
Thanks Dawn much appreciated
Beautiful shots, I love 2 and 3 :)
Thank you as well Natasha. i have waited a while to catch these lovely birds :)
nice shots rich. if your gonna go round again why not take a teasel with you and put some seed on the back out of sight of the lens, then you will have the clasic goldie shot :)

Thanks lea, and good advise (y) I never thought of that.

I haven't seen a Golfinch in ages and you have EIGHT in the first shot. Agree that No.3# is awsome and I like No.5# also

I haven't seen a Golfinch in ages and you have EIGHT in the first shot. Agree that No.3# is awsome and I like No.5# also

:LOL: Thanks John, I hate to inform you but there was 14 of them altogether :naughty: The others were out of the frame.

Back