First HDR - Palazzo Della Ragione, Padova, Italy

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

This is my first attempt at HDR, been meaning to share for a while! Would love your feedback as always!

Padova by HopeUK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nicely done, I would not of realised it was HDR which in my book is a plus. I have seen many HDR shots that look odd. I wonder if cropping some of the dark building on the left could improve the picture?

Sorry, the links had died for some reason :confused:

Now updated!

Thanks for the feedback Mike ;)

I googled the location and remembered the reason for me standing here, there was a series of lamp-posts running to my left, I shot this wide open at 10mm, I think the other way to have done it was to have stitched around 3-4 shots together but I am too far away to tell now! :(

As Killy suggested, maybe have a look at trying to sort the convergence in something like Lightroom

Other than that it's a nice shot and nicely done HDR

I think that's great for your first HDR. I tried once - wasn't worth posting! Good effort and bonus points for subtlety.

As Killy suggested, maybe have a look at trying to sort the convergence in something like Lightroom

Other than that it's a nice shot and nicely done HDR

Aah, I wasn't actually aware that you could do that! I use Aperture to edit and haven't seen that feature, but I will try and get my hands on lightroom and post back the results ;) Thanks to you and thanks to Killy

I think that's great for your first HDR. I tried once - wasn't worth posting! Good effort and bonus points for subtlety.

Thanks Tom :) I hope you get the results you like one day! I still can't say I am 100% with the image at all but we can only learn ;)

Back