First HDR

I find the grass a bit over saturated and there is the tell-tale haloing around the structure but otherwise that is a very good 1st attempt.

Edit is more harsh, much more haloing around the structure.

I would try reducing the exposure of the second one a bit it looks a bit overexposed to me. You could also try applying some selective noise control particularly to the sky which is particularly bad.

I had a look at your exif data and it looks like you were shooting at f/18 and ISO 400. I cant really see the need for that. f/18 will reduce sharpness through diffraction limiting and shooting at ISO 400 will introduce more noise which is then multiplied by the HDR process. Generally with HDR images you need to do what ever you can to reduce the noise in the original images.

I would try reducing the exposure of the second one a bit it looks a bit overexposed to me. You could also try applying some selective noise control particularly to the sky which is particularly bad.

I had a look at your exif data and it looks like you were shooting at f/18 and ISO 400. I cant really see the need for that. f/18 will reduce sharpness through diffraction limiting and shooting at ISO 400 will introduce more noise which is then multiplied by the HDR process. Generally with HDR images you need to do what ever you can to reduce the noise in the original images.

I upped the aperture in order to pick up the clouds then I had to up the ISO to compensate

What HDR software are you using Beav?

I upped the aperture in order to pick up the clouds then I had to up the ISO to compensate

It may be worth getting a DoF calculator, you could have used f/8 and focused at 4m then everything between 2m and infinity would have appeared in focus. Another benefit of using wider apertures is that it allows you to use faster shutter speeds reducing the ghosting between exposures.

PM is the software of choice....Keep at it and I would suggest trying to find an image with more in shadow to give you more to play with.

Back