First image post

Name
Kieron
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

Just joined up yesterday and new to this game! Had my 400D for a couple of days now. Wanted to post my first pic of my son Ben.

Comments welcome!

ben001bw-20.jpg

Hi Kieron :)

Personally, I think its too dark. Maybe lighten it up a bit and get your son to smile next time, he just looks bummed out :D Maybe clone out that white triangle top right?

Quick reply, thanks. :)

Yes I've been reading on here a fair bit and taken tips on black and white images. I played around with with saturation but wanted to post it unedited at first in a 'tip gathering' exercise.

Good point on the triangle!

I quite like the pose, he's got lovely dark eyes, if you have photoshop or anything similar have a play around with the contrast and lighting etc to see if you could bring them out a little more :)

I've played around a bit with the brightness and contrast. Also removed noise, a couple of facial imperfections (or left over food, rather!), removed the triangle, removed the bit of hair from behind the left ear and here's the result.

How does it look now folks?

ben001bw-20ed.jpg

Welcome Kieron,
Thats alot better, nice work.
Dean:)

Thanks a lot for the help folks, as I'm new to this it's appreciated!

I've already learnt on here that it's also not just about the shot, but the software package you can use to sort it out afterwards! ;)

Thanks again.
:D

Back