First Kingfisher

towershot

Points percy at the pedestal
Name
Rick.
Edit My Images
Yes
First shots of a KF at Mere Sand today, they all seem very iffy and unsharp technique ,gear, or lens (Sigma 170-500) I haven't worked out yet.

To get an image you can see you have to crop, and this is when it gets blurry.
Going next Tuesday and will try my Nikon 70-300 VR and see what happens.

Any suggestions and critique welcome guys, very new to this wildlife lark,
Blame Just Dave :D Thanks for the heads up on this place Dave (y)

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Both images cropped about 70% second shot was at ISO 400 1/800th f/8

Last edited:
that 2nd one is awesome. Kingfishers in flight are bloody hard to get and the reflection is cracking aswell.

Good efforts these.

I'll probably be down at Mere sands next week aswell so might see you there.

Thanks

Andy

way hey Rick well done mate see youve been to mere sands Andy and I were pming each other about there tonight, any way #2 is a fab shot mate well done bet your well chuffed :clap:

I was chufted with that one Andy. Hope I see you there m8.

Think it was a Jammy grab shot....

SHHHHHHHHH don't tell them. Your meant to say, you were there for 12hrs attacked by midges in the freezing cold and had been waiting for hours to get the shot:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

2nd shot is fabulous - I would have cropped in tighter, but then the reflections on the water would make it appear that they had blown out, so I think you were right to balance the photo as you have done - Thanks, very rare to see these in flight and fully loaded with their meal.

Thanks Dave :D
This week they are doing work in front of the Rufford hide.

cheers guys.;)
Thanks for that lostsoul

Andy, had a hoard of kids with mothers jumping all over the hide, tripod was jumping all over:LOL:

A wasp, but no midges thank goodness :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks Dave
This week they are doing work in front of the Rufford hide.

Maybe they will put the decent perch back in, i was chatting to some of the volunteers last time out and i mentioned it (fingers crossed)

SHHHHHHHHH don't tell them. Your meant to say, you were there for 12hrs attacked by midges in the freezing cold and had been waiting for hours to get the shot:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Like we did for the Bittern shots :LOL:

Andy, had a hoard of kids with mothers jumping all over the hide, tripod was jumping all over:LOL:
Back to school soon :LOL:

Maybe they will put the decent perch back in, i was chatting to some of the volunteers last time out and i mentioned it (fingers crossed)
Lets hope so (y)

Great shots Rick Wish I could just see one up here...... use the same lens how do you find it ? (y)

Great shots Rick Wish I could just see one up here...... use the same lens how do you find it ? (y)

To be truthfull I think it is a little soft on distance shots, but it could be my technique so will have to try my 70-300 and see what goes, would love a Nikkor 80-400 but a bit to dear........lol

Any expert who turns up Phil will have there ears burned of with questions :D:D:D:p

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Last edited:
Payed the £24 for years parking today so will be getting there most tuesdays,
(Dot's day out) :D

Bloody hell that's almost 50 p a week ...sod that I'll park up and walk the 10 miles......:LOL:

Keith(y)

The 2nd shot is BRILL love the capture and reflection from the water, 2 shots for the price of one. LoL.

Back