First MF Polaroid ... !?!

Edit My Images
No
I can honestly say this is my first ever MF image and my first ever Polaroid ... :D ... put the two together and whaddya got ... :shrug: ... my first ever MF Polaroid ... ;)

A really garbage image in technical terms but if you knew what I went through to get it you might forgive me for being so pleased with the result ... :p

I can also honestly say it took me a whole pack of film to get this single image ... :eek: ... it is the first out of the second pack ... :LOL:

Anyway, the image ... scanned with my Dell all-in-one printer and sorted through Elements 5 to show on here ...

Scan08-05-05-1631.jpg
[/IMG]

A couple of things concern me a little ...

1. The black lines down the sides - I assume these are a cut off for the format on Polaroid film ?

2. There appears to be some vignetting - 50mm lens on RB Pro SD ?

3. The image is really rubbish - me or the Polaroid fillum ?

BTB I know it is suffering blown sky but I guessed at the settings having been through the proper loop a number of times earlier in the day as I wasted the first pack and was a little miffed off tbh ... :shrug:

There you go then ... the gear works so next step is loading the other backs with proper fillum and getting it exposed and processed ... :D

:p

Congrats Ven,

Can't offer any advice or answers to your questions but let's hope this is the first of many.

Congrats Ven,

Can't offer any advice or answers to your questions but let's hope this is the first of many.

:LOL: ... thanks Kev ... I'm not sure it will be if I have that much trouble every time ... :cautious:

Polaroid backs are used in studio to get a dirty proof, a check on exposure/composition before the back swap to proper film.
Its exactly like a dslr pre-view screen, the polaroid isn't supposed to be the final product, just guide to save wasting film.
Saying that though, they can contain their own charm.
I was working in a studio the other week, there must have been a shoot in there recently, the bin was full of girlie fashion polaroids and they were fablious, no idea what cam they were shooting but they were 6x7's:shrug:
oh, the bars.....polaroid sheets are the same size whatever format you shoot, polaroid backs fit differently to every camera, its the same polaroid sheet for 645 up to 6x9, and every camera puts the image in a different position on that sheet.
The image size should be exactly the same as if it were on film, it is in effect the size of the sensor.
I have heard that some backs for 645 actually capture a smaller image than it would if it where using film....but I dunno about that.

Thanks Jox ... (y)

I only planned to use them for checking the gear out really as well as a bit of a reality check before going live on exposures etc., ... :D

So were those 6 x 7 images suffering the same black lines as my image ... :shrug:

Err, no black lines, they were white all over, the girlie was kinda off centre.

I'm not familiar with RB67 polaroid backs, or any infact other than my Bronny 6x6.
There are a lot of backs made by different manufacturers that do things differently on one particular camera.
I found this convo about the black bars

Yet another great linky Jox ... (y) ... at least that is the black lines explained ... ;)

I searched on Photo.net (great site for MF answers !) for the loading and shooting issues and didn't think to check out the black line bit ... D'oh !

:ty:

Back