first pics on here for comments

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
These are the first pics i put up here for assesment :p im still learning the tecniques so what ever you think i could do to get better please tell me :)
dscf1088copyae8.jpg

dscf1089copylo3.jpg

dscf1007editkw5.jpg

and 4.
meerkat1fs6.jpg

thanks

Swans are tough to get right as the white 'blows out' losing all the detail really easily. Sunlight on them makes it even harder. Try a cloudy day and/or under exposing the shot a little.

So the swans may be the weakest shot here but the butterfly is excellent!

Keep posting :)

The swans are pretty blown out. Also there seems to be some colour fringing around them (it has a technical name... Gromattic Aviation I think :thinking: :LOL:)

The sygnets are really cute, nice shot :)

Like RP said the butterfly is ace :D

And the last one looks good but it's a bit small so kind of hard to tell properly.

Thanks for the comments, was a bit rushed when i took the pics of the swans and didnt notice the white was blown out till i got home. Sorry what you mean about the fringing? what can i do to stop this?
I like the sygnet one and the butterfly one.

The fringing is those thin layers of blue and purple around highlights. It happens with lots of lenses, especially the cheaper ones. It happens on my bridge camera too. I'm not quite sure what you can do to stop it - try lowering the EV 1 or 2 steps. That might help :shrug:

The butterfly one is excellent. Out of interest, what camera are you using?

thanks i have a fuji s5600 camera at the moment, want a proper dslr one but it does its job,
Dunno if i had my hoya 10 close up filter on for the butterfly pic.

Back