First pics with 400d

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, this is my first post.
Thought I would ask for a few opinions on some of my first ever pics with a DSLR.

Both pics are from Heaton Park in Manchester.

2113586848_a872eff7db_o.jpg

2112806135_8d343a4839_o.jpg

Any comments or advice would be more than welcome.

Cheers

Matt

Welcome Morph. Keep up the good work, for your first pics they are really good. I really like the second one. Perhaps you can offer us some advice! :D

The second photo does it for me, I like that misty effect at the end of the path tho' I'd be tempted to clone out the 2 people.

I think the 2 people make the image what it is. Although they are only small, it gives a focal point with the path leading into them

Really likeing these two(y)A very good start to DSLR ownership:clap:

Thanks guys.

Think i like the people in there too.
Tried editing them out and it left the pic lacking something.
Although at the time i must admit i was waiting for them to move out of shot a little bit, the few i have when they have gone dont have the same effect.

Matt

Welcome to the forum M0rph, looks like a good start. I feel the second photo is the better of the two, it has a clearer message than the first. I would possibly have considered cropping out the sky to make it even more atmospheric.

For the first, you got ducks cut off and I am not sure about the placement/presence of the overblown sun.

Yes, like the second image, lots of 'mood' to it.

I think there is too much empty space at the top, so have considered a crop, and that lampost gets in the way, so have tried a quick clone to remove it.

Only slight niggles as there is a lot to like here :)

2112806135_8d343a4839_o.jpg

For your first attempt they are very good. I also like No2. very nice indeed.

Back