First pics with DSLR

Edit My Images
Yes
After getting my DSLR about 10 days ago I haven't had much chance to take any photos seeing as I've been living in Leeds for Uni.

Got back to Derby for the summer today and took my chance.

I don't know how to link directly from Flikr so here they are..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50469430@N06/

Some C&C would be greatly appreciated on these so don't hold back. I know they're probably quite bad in the composition, lighting etc but anything you think please say.

Were taken on the auto setting so any tips on other settings to use would be helpful.

Photography is something I want to get into so C&C is the only way I'll improve. Cheers guys

Figured out how to link them..

4631721475_58ea2fb7a5_b.jpg

4632530970_10595aa97e_b.jpg

4632807014_dd7ebb9664_b.jpg

Last edited:
I think you're off to a great start - the frogs are nice and sharp (at least on my PC ).

If you want to get off auto, you could not come to a better place! I am kind of learning still, but do know there is a gold-mine of information on this forum and the best way to tap in to that is to do what you are and ask for the feedback.

P.S. Your cat looks demented! A bit like mine! :)

Everyone has their own style, and you will have to continue developing your's. These are nice, and a good start. For the second frog picture, I'm not too fond of the frog being nearly dead center in the photo, though it does tend to make one think he's about to leap out of the picture altogether. (Probably a pretty common thing with frogs. LOL) I'd try to position the right-facing frog on the left hand third of the photo...so he's "looking across" the frame rather than out of it. But each to his own.

Back