First pics with my new 450d

Name
David Purvis
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got my first ever DSLR - A Canon 450d - and at my girlfriend's request took 2 photos of her in "Faceook profile" style. They're literally straight out of the camera and have had no processing at all.

C&C will always be welcome on whatever I post as i'm an absolute novice, but i'm not too bothered about these as they're just point and shoot test shots. However, i'd love any hints & tips on methods that might make them better such as positioning/sharpening/exposure etc for future efforts.

Anyway, meet Claire;

010.jpg

016-1.jpg

Thanks,
Dave.

in the first shot you have focused on her nose! when you have a very wide apperture you need to be very carefull as you get a shallow deapth of field! that is to say you only have a very narrow band of sharpness then the image becomes out of focus, its used to isolate subjects and create an artistic look.. what you need to do is focus on her eyes then with the shutter button half pressed re compose the image.. it takes practice and is probably the biggest mistake people make to leave their pics out of focus..

The second picture is also a little "Soft".. but a little better..

keep practising.. there are lots of tutorials out there.. im not a great teacher.. lol..

Back