first portrait image manipulation

Name
Joe Vernon
Edit My Images
Yes
I haven't used Photoshop much for people - it's hard! With portraits, it seems a lot easier to create something that doesn't look right. Anyway - thought I'd share my first attempt with my new 400d - before and after. Thanks for looking, any comments appreciated.

before.jpg

done.jpg

Gorgeous red hair! The skin is a bit pink for my liking though :)

Like the green background, but the face does seem a bit too red, and a bit too smoothed?

Like the green background, but the face does seem a bit too red, and a bit too smoothed?

Agreed. If people needed smooth skin they'd get a make up artist. I'd remove the smoothing and go with that. Its a lovely pose and the processing is nice.

excellent job, the cheek looks very slightly unatural, but other than that, terrific work :D

Thanks all for the comments - good to have the feedback. What a nice community this is! The photo wasn't posed for or set up etc... just grabbed the camera for a single shot! I have a million photos like these, might have a go with a couple more.

And, yup ahoy there blackstar - this is the same bluecat - how lovely to bump in to you on these fair Internets.

Indeed it is nice to bump into you again, you should catch me on msn soon :)
Love to see some more pictures, you had a good collection when i last saw you.

Back