First portrait of my girlfriend

Edit My Images
No
Hello

Well im new to this site and really enjoying my stay. Thought i would share one of my portraits with you all. C and C totally welcome! Im looking to have the printed on canvas so if i can improve this then please tell me.
Canon 40d, 17-85 IS.

aa.jpg

Thank you

I think there are two options here. One is to zoom out a bit and catch all her head and hair. The other is to crop it even closer and move her eyes to the upper third. Something like this:

2780399595_a6502bfdb6_o.jpg

If you don't like it then please feel free to ask me to remove it and I'll do so. Welcome.

I'd say it'd be better to get her whole head into the frame (including hair) or to crop it like rh1944 did for composition.

Her expression doesn't seem to be very natural, she looks a little tense to me in that shot.
Lighting is good, but the catch light shape would probably be better round... but that probably just me.

Her expression doesn't seem to be very natural, she looks a little tense to me in that shot.

:agree:

I personally wouldnt want a canvas of me looking somewhat scared :)

As has already been mentioned, if you get a wrap around canvas, you will lose a bit of the image from all sides. Just something to bear in mind. I would have another go and try to get her more relaxed :)

Back