First Portraits

Name
James Knott
Edit My Images
Yes
At college today we used the studio, and I took a few pictures of 2 friends. I had never been in a studio before, let alone used the lighting equipment etc. I tried a few different ideas, here are three of them.

What do you think?

Hollie2Web.jpg

HollieWeb.jpg

MattWeb.jpg

I like number 1... Not something I have seen before! Really colourful Idea...Only thing with is that the bottom of her face/top of neck looks slightly too bright? and Im drawn into looking at the makeup texture rather than her beautiful glassy eyes-Unfortunately cant comment much technically as not really "qualified" as such...

Great effort tho- love how bold all three are!!

Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about the brightness but it was my first time using any sort of lighting set up, I'll try and do it better next time!

My friend I could do no better at all!!! I am yet to get into a studio!!!! What lens were you using and settings etc? Just curious.......

I think the third shot could benefit from a different background, or perhaps if it had been a bit further back so it was more out of focus, as I think it's a bit distracting. Looks like a good first effort though.

Rob

Back