Beginner First post for comment

Edit My Images
No
Some photos of bees and wasps making the most of the sun at the weekend before autumn. Welcome your comments on how to improve these.

5O4A9568.jpg5O4A9568.jpg5O4A9569.jpg5O4A9568.jpg5O4A9569.jpg 5O4A9570.jpg5O4A9570.jpg

What kit are you using?
What are you aiming for flower shots or invertebrates up close. They are sharp and exposed correctly

You have a bee and a couple of hoverflies I cannot spot a wasp

What kit are you using?
What are you aiming for flower shots or invertebrates up close. They are sharp and exposed correctly

What kit are you using?

Hi

Thanks for the info on the bee and hoverflies. I was aiming for inverebrates up close and was using a Canon 5D Mkiii (just upgraded from a Canon 600d). The lens was a Sigma 90mm without any image stabilisation and I was hand holding the camera. Hope that's enough information.

I would personally try to isolate your subject a little more, at this point it looks like a nice photograph of flowers

Your images are in my opinion VERY SOFT and you definitely need to get up close and personal and I do mean UP CLOSE :sony:

Like this - shot with Sigma 105mm f2.8 lens hand held - easily replicated with your 90mm

wood gathering wasp by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone for the advice to date.

Like the image you uploaded as an example Les. I will try to get closer and continue to work on improving my technique.

David :)

Thanks to everyone for the advice to date.

Like the image you uploaded as an example Les. I will try to get closer and continue to work on improving my technique.

David :)

No worries David- if you need any help or advice, just drop me a PM fella

Les :)

Back