First quicky from Waddy - can't help but think it's lacking something........

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
reds8.jpg

Clue: Spot the Girlie Arrow!

A few more to come, but 300 mile round trip, up 17 1/2 hours so far - maybe a few more from tomorrow..............

Not wishing to blow my trumpet, but 11 months on from first airshow, a marked improvement.......... maybe the discovery of continual autofocus helps!!! :LOL::bang:

The few dark clouds moving in blocked the sun unfortunately rendering some parts dark greyish blue, i had a bit of trouble when the Vulcan appeared, the sun was behind it virtually the whole display but we were blessed with some good sunshine/fluffy clouds.
Lynton your shot has come out pretty good against that sky.

The few dark clouds moving in blocked the sun unfortunately rendering some parts dark greyish blue, i had a bit of trouble when the Vulcan appeared, the sun was behind it virtually the whole display but we were blessed with some good sunshine/fluffy clouds.
Lynton your shot has come out pretty good against that sky.

Graham,

Yeah was pretty tough today - into the sun, then sun across............. all those biplanes and triplanes make perfect silhouttes......... was pleasantly surprised by the "most handsome turks".......

Still cannot help thinking something is missing from that pic though........... :shrug:

Im off there tomorrow. My friend runs the air cadets in a town near me, and Im tagging along with them. They have said I can go with them providing I get photos for them to use in aircraft recognition practice. Hope I can cope with the pressure of expectation! Ive never photographed aircraft in flight before. Still its all practice for me.

Go for it Vicki,

My advice and I am no expert is for.........

anything with a prop....... SV mode with a shutter speed of 1/100 for the heli's to 160 for Spits etc...

anything with Jets, AV mode, set the shutter speed to about 1/500 to 1/200 depending on the sun, and let the camera work the rest out......

Also, flying today opened about 9.30ish - we joined the plod caused queue on aq5 at 8.05 and parked at 8.30ish.......... so expect some traffic........

We are leaving at 6 from just north of Leicester

Will post some pics tomorrow evening... just dont laugh... Im still finding confidence to post photos on here!

VIcki - feel free to post on here...... pretty much in the main you will get congrats and constructive crit......... in the "In depth section" though is where it all lets rip!

2 hours from Leicester - won't be a problem.......... we were 2 and a small bit from south of Norwich today on mostly single carriageway, couple of sneaky overtakes on rounadabouts........

most of all enjoy and put the focus to AF-C!!!!!!

SLimbert - there was some serious slackness there!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nice shot... all entire display looked odd with only 8.

The lighting was a bitch yesterday, first air show for me and if my pictures have come out as bad as I think they have it will be the last...!

Thanks chaps. Had a great day today.. Im looking rather lobsterish though. I will have a look through my pics (took about 900!) and see if any are good.

yeah was a tad warm wasn't it.............. bung em up.......

Top tip (In the bit to the left of the thread title, select "Critique" - no-one says a peep.....:LOL: well they haven't to mine.... :shrug:

I really like that, I like the crop, the angle, the way the planes stand out from an interesting sky and the sense of movement too.;)

mark(y)

Thanks Mark - I quite like it as well ---- admittedly I bunged it up on Sat after Waddington as a bit of a wee take! -- something missing (one red short - and yep it was the Girlie red......)

as a side note - that is uncropped!..:)

Last edited:
Even better, framed perfectly straight out of the camera, good work!

Hey, I am not called a photography GOD for nothing! ...........:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back