First raw KF( Pic added with branch cloned out)

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
After many unsucessfull visits to Lackford over the last few months, trying for the kinfisher, since I started shooting in raw, I finally managed a couple of shots today.

I'd spent a good few hours waiting at one hide and decided to try another. Within a few minutes of arriving this one turned up. The upright stick behind him may get cloned out in later versions, what do you think?

IMG_1816_filtered.jpg

Thanks for looking, all constuctive criticism welcomed :)

Last edited:
This is a fine shot Ant the kingfisher looks great nice and sharp I agree the stick would look better cloned out but thats something you can do like you said glad you have got your chance at the kingfisher again now you are shooting in raw it looks great

Good Shot (y)
Still waiting for my first kingfisher. :(

Lovely shot Tony - I think shooting RAW has made a huge difference. Well played chief (y)

Great shot Toon, it is a shame about the background, but other than that I really like it. :) Out of interest, what where the problems you encountered shooting in jpeg? Has RAW just allowed you to do a better job of saving the photo? Sorry for my ignorance, not really been following before now!

Well I have seen worse :shrug:

:LOL::LOL: A thouroughly deserved shot from you Ant, as I know how patient you have been in getting to grips with editing, look forward to more from you which in theory should be better with each shot ;) Well done :clap::clap:

This is a fine shot Ant the kingfisher looks great nice and sharp I agree the stick would look better cloned out but thats something you can do like you said glad you have got your chance at the kingfisher again now you are shooting in raw it looks great

Thanks Karen :) and thanks for the encouragement to change over to raw.

Good Shot (y)
Still waiting for my first kingfisher. :(

Thanks Stuart, they're not as prolific my way at this time of year, early summer through to early autumn is a good time :)

Agree about the bg tony but still a nice pic well done mate (y)

Thanks Ken :)

thats your best fisher shot to date ant i think, making the jump to raw has paid off m8. nice one

Cheers Lea, and thanks for all of your help and patience (y)

Lovely shot Tony - I think shooting RAW has made a huge difference. Well played chief (y)

Thanks Ryan :) I should have changed over a long time ago, it's thanks to those members on here that browbeat encouraged me to do so :)

Great shot Toon, it is a shame about the background, but other than that I really like it. :) Out of interest, what where the problems you encountered shooting in jpeg? Has RAW just allowed you to do a better job of saving the photo? Sorry for my ignorance, not really been following before now!

Thanks Ian :)

I'm not technically minded enough to give you an in depth explanation, sorry, but with raw you have much more control over your photograph. I must admit to being more than a tad warey about changing over, but now I could never go back.

Well I have seen worse :shrug:

:LOL::LOL: A thouroughly deserved shot from you Ant, as I know how patient you have been in getting to grips with editing, look forward to more from you which in theory should be better with each shot ;) Well done :clap::clap:

Thanks Rich :) I was so chuffed when it turned up, even though it did'nt stay long .

toonamp said:
Thanks Ian

I'm not technically minded enough to give you an in depth explanation, sorry, but with raw you have much more control over your photograph. I must admit to being more than a tad warey about changing over, but now I could never go back.

Yeah I shoot RAW myself, definitely allows me to save a few photos from the edge of the abyss. :) Ironically I'm considering changing back to jpeg in all but the most important situations to try and get out of the habit of editing, but will probably end up shooting both. Glad it's worked out anyway and I'll definitely keep an eye out for more. :)

He's a cracker! Love it. Wish I could find me one.

Regards,

John

Thanks John :) I'm not sure how many I'll see now before next year, but I'll keep trying.

That is a corker - never seen one either.
Me niether up till last year Graham :) when a forum member told me where to see them.

Nice shot - good colour! (y)

Thanks Cedric :)

Well done Ant, Was that at the reed hide?

Cheers Matty :)

Yes it was, I'd spent an unfruitful morning at Besses, they've chopped all those trees down along the right hand bank, and left them in the water, so now it has perches all the way up that bank, miles away from the hide :thinking:

I got to the reed hide at about 2.00pm and this one showed up within minutes, took me by surprise.

It only stayed a while, most of that time in the bushes to the right. No fishing, just a territory check. To my knowledge non of the regulars have photographed one any where for the last month.

Last edited:
I got to the reed hide at about 2.00pm and this one showed up within minutes, took me by surprise.

It only stayed a while, most of that time in the bushes to the right. No fishing, just a territory check. To my knowledge non of the regulars have photographed one any where for the last month.

The last 10-12 times I've been there in the last couple of months, I have photographed nothing. :thumbsdown:

Great image, well done

The last 10-12 times I've been there in the last couple of months, I have photographed nothing. :thumbsdown:

Great image, well done

Me too Sarah, that's why I'm not really encouraging any one to gallop over there, it's a tad disheartening, particularly as the weather gets increasingly miserable.

Though once they do show, all of that is forgotten :)

Well done Ant... that's a great shot, and great bit of editing too (y)

A good edit RembrAnt (y)

Back