First roll of 120.

Edit My Images
Yes
Ilford Delta 400 with a Lubitel 166+

5597618175_d245dd33ea.jpg

Flickr set here

:) Comments and tips more than welcome.

Had a look at the set on your Flickr link and I think the fire escape staircase shot really works well and the treatmant suits the subject. I'm wondering what developer was used as the shots are pretty grainy for Delta 400 in 120, with the daffodil shot having a particularly strong effect. I like the holly leaves in the shot you've posted here, but I'm not so sure about the out of focus leaves at the top of the frame.

I agree with Peter, tbh - the shots do look a little grainy for Delta 400 - I'd say they look grainy even for 35mm never mind 120! They almost look as though they've been over-sharpened which has exaggerated the grain. As an example - this shot was taken on Delta 400 on 35mm, developed in Perceptol.

Thanks for the comments!

I was surprised by the grain as well. I though it might be because I used Snappy Snaps or a Lubitel instead of a more expensive TLR?

Tbf I quite like it, but would like to know the cause of it. The pictures in the stream have no PP and uploaded straight from a CD from the developer.

Last edited:
The grain is highly unlikely to be affected in any material way by the camera. It MAY however be down to the settings that Snappy Snaps used when they scanned the negatives. It may well be that they've actually applied a fair bit of sharpening before writing the disk.

I think it could be an interesting comparison if someone here could stick the negatives through a decent flatbed (or better) scanner and see what could be dug out of the neg.

Guessing the grain is due to the high level of USM Snappy Snaps apply, film scans shouldn't look like that.

Back