First shoot with the Canon 20D

S

Steve

Well I thought I may as well throw a few pictures up here as well, I can’t be letting just the members enjoy the site :)

These are from my first shoot with the Canon 20D. Various setting where used including high ISO (1600) but all where shot using a Canon 70-200L, 1.4X teleconvertor and fill in flash from the Sigma flash gun. The change from my 10D to the 20D has not gone as smooth as I expected and hoped, there are many small functional differences that slow me down with having to think how to access the functions. Overall though the results are satisfactory and my learning continues. All photos here are full frame.

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

nice pics buddy,
i like em a lot

MyPix

great pics steve, annoyingly enough, they are the first ones youve taken with that camera too...

Great pix m8.

I know what you mean with the slow progress, my transition from 300D to 20d is far from what I imagined :shock:

/must resist the urge to use the auto mode!

digitalfailure said:
Great pix m8.

I know what you mean with the slow progress, my transition from 300D to 20d is far from what I imagined :shock:

/must resist the urge to use the auto mode!

Stuff that, I have no shame at all in using full auto if it could mean the difference between getting the shot and missing it, since the change from the 10D to the 20D I think I have more chance of missing at the moment :)

Steve, I'm afraid you require a repeated beating around the head with a large bat.
Sorry, but it had to be said.

Bod said:
Steve, I'm afraid you require a repeated beating around the head with a large bat.
Sorry, but it had to be said.

I'm sorry but I have to echo that.

I've been out twice in the past 3 days and have exactly two mediocre shots to show for it :( I think I might have to ebay one of the kids to pay for some photography courses :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Superb pics btw ;)

Really nice Steve. :D

Did you make like a squirrel so as not to scare him off or did you show him your nuts?

Back