first shots straight out of the box..

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Got my first real camera yesterday :woot: but couldnt use it till my lens turns up tues..:( luckily my friend lent me his 70-200 so i could have a play. :banana:

C&c welcome remember these are the first shots from a dslr that i have taken. :ty:

3068491577_2c8239e99a.jpg

3068374715_8d77a65ed9.jpg

3069281874_ceb743527a.jpg

3068393717_8fcc523dcf.jpg

I would also like to know what you think of this one:

3068523141_eb6a76df87.jpg

They are extremely good, i like all of them.

What camera are you using and more specifically, which 70-200 lens ?

I bought a mkI canon 5D and Im using the 2.8 non IS

Oh and thanks for the comment, I cant believe the difference that a good camera makes I had a bridge before this and although i did get a couple of good results with it.

A good camera AND a good lens AND a good user create good results. While a DSLR is good, the other 2 are equally important factors.

What lighting set-up did you use ?

A bed side lamp!! and a flash firing into the window blinds which i opened slightly! it is a small room especially for a zoom i was squashed up against the wardrobe...lol I wish i could use a studio.

Who needs expensive lighting set ups when you have great photography like this! You have a talent, you see crap pictures all the time with 3 lights and you use a table lamp. People ask me what lighting I use all the time when its just a vignette and natural light. You have a great eye, I look forward to seeing more.

Wow thanks for the encouragement guys...i will do my best and get some more done. I want to try some outdoor portraits next.. oh and some of my baby boy asleep..ahhh lol

One more no more...from this set:
3068402535_b7e4886e7e.jpg

Lovely so far, IMHO, the lens (on DSLR's) makes all the difference, eg. L glass is amazing.

Very, very nice onform, if these are your first captures on a DSLR, then you most certainly have an eye for portraits as these are wonderful. What a handsome young man too, he looks to be very comfortable in front of the lens.

5D + Natural talent = a space worth watching, very nice first DSLR shots Onform :clap:.

Thanks again everyone, I did have a bridge camera, kind of in between an dslr and compact but you couldn't change the lenses so it's not like it's the first time ive picked up a camera or anything...

All this positive praise makes me so glad i decided to buy the camera. The only problem is i'm worried now that I am going to like 70-200 more than the lens ive ordered, (24-70mm), oh well it gives me something to save up for..lol

I wanna go out and shoot some more but the weathers awful....:razz:

Back