First shots with my macro set up!!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Well, it was late and I got the bits I was waiting for to finish my budget rig so found a dead fly on the stairs and a ladybird on the bed! Quite pleased I got the ladybird just about all in focus, and the fly was to see how much detail I could get! Never used a flash before either .....
IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

TC

Last edited:
Good job... I'd guess, looking at the EXIF, that you got ebay tubes ? The Ladybird is good, the fly looks good, but it's hard to tell. (y)

Thanks! Yep the tubes were the cheapest I could find, manual lens' so no point spending £100 on posh tubes when they do the same job! I now have a little bright white led keyring light to strap to my flash for focussing with the aperture closed to get more DOF, so shots like the fly should come out better. As mentioned, I also need to learn how to optimise my flash use and get a diffuser on there to enhance the images!

TC

Hi and welcome to the forums:) They're pretty good first macro shots(y) The ladybird would look a bit better on a more natural BG and the fly could do with a little more light but there's bags of detail in there:clap: Carry on experimenting and take loads of pics!

Back