First Shots With New 300mm Prime

Name
Nigel Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
Well not new exactly more like 39 years old but new to me,a Vivitar 300mm TX f5.6 that cost me all of £18.00 off Ebay.The shots are not artistic masterpieces and they are also hand held wide open but I am amazed by the quality of the lens for so little dosh
Oh yes taken at Bratch Locks on the Staffs and Worcester Canal

3203620441_038f264bea_o.jpg

3204468238_702a57d2e9_b.jpg

3203619115_f01bb8b7a1_o.jpg

Not bad at all for £18
You got some CA on the middle shot though

Not bad for the price...

Do you need a vivitar to Eos adapter for this to fit on your 350d.

Cheers CP.

CA is Chromatic Aberration it is purple fringing especially noticible where tree branches or roofs meet the sky.

Got yourself a bargain there!
Pete.

Try your Vivitar at f/11 or f/16 mounted on a solid tripod and I am sure that you will enjoy the results.

Quite.

Also, look at the iron work on top of the spire in the middle of the picture - the bits in between the curved metalwork are white against the grey background.

Is that post processing or something else?

Its the PP as I say these were just test shots so I was not being ultra careful on the PP

I think,considering the age of the lens ,to use something that 39 yrs old and get that kind results ,i think ... is amazing (y) good on ya for giving it a go in the first place (y)

Apart from the obvious CA -which could be easily minimised in PS, the results are very good-the detail in the second is impressive.

great to see results like this, I'm currently on the lookout for an fd mount 400mm prime, may look at other mounts now though

great to see results like this, I'm currently on the lookout for an fd mount 400mm prime, may look at other mounts now though[/QUOTE

Excuse my ignorance Andrew,i thought FD mount wouldn't work with EF or EFs mount cameras,am i wrong in this ?:)

great to see results like this, I'm currently on the lookout for an fd mount 400mm prime, may look at other mounts now though[/QUOTE

Excuse my ignorance Andrew,i thought FD mount wouldn't work with EF or EFs mount cameras,am i wrong in this ?:)

You can get an EOS to FD adapter,like my M42 version its manual everything but its worth a try

Back