First time at Cad West 18-08-09

Name
And
Edit My Images
No
My first time at Cad West on Tuesday, and although not the best for photography and the jets weren't playing ball in the morning, a great day never the less. A big thanks to Steve (ssands) and his son Tom and all the others I met for making me feel most welcome.

A few shots - first time shooting in RAW as well, so have done very little processing and with practice, these could probably be improved on.

Any comments please

My first one - duck broken :clap:

then along came the jets, although a bit high

and lower

helped get my panning up to speed :LOL:

and what a treat on my first trip

get the feeling your being watched :thinking:

Last edited:
It was a long lunch break, which seemed to last forever

Around 3.30pm they came back out to play - but not with us :bang:

but, they didn't disappoint and we got a final run

Needless to say, still have some to look through - plenty more hawks, so will post some more up later.

And yes the bug has bitten, big style :D :LOL:

Last edited:
Well for your first attempt you did extremely well! Especially number 7! I've been up west a few times now and havent had an F15 yet. I hope you realise how lucky you are!
Seriously good set. You've set your standard now. Keep it up.

Kev.

Superb Andy,
Eagles look nice and sharp,
I know a few guys that have been doing this for a few years and yet to see an Eagle at Low Level, so a great 1st catch. Plus burners on the way out :cool: (y)
Hopefully see you next week, for some RAF frontliners?

Hi Andy.

Certainly worth the wait for these mate, excellent for first time out #3, #6 and obviously #7 stand out for me.

Well done :clap: :clap:.

Thanks for the company, pass on my regards to Barry :).

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but where exactly is cad west? I keep seeing these amazing shots and wondered where it is, if thats not a stupid question.

Perhaps its an - If i tell you i'll have to kill you type of place :LOL:

Thanks

Ron

Well for your first attempt you did extremely well! Especially number 7! I've been up west a few times now and havent had an F15 yet. I hope you realise how lucky you are!
Seriously good set. You've set your standard now. Keep it up.

Kev.

Thank you very much for the positive comments, yes I know a lucky day for my first time out.

Just hope I can keep up the standard (y)

Superb Andy,
Eagles look nice and sharp,
I know a few guys that have been doing this for a few years and yet to see an Eagle at Low Level, so a great 1st catch. Plus burners on the way out :cool: (y)
Hopefully see you next week, for some RAF frontliners?

Cheers Neil

Very pleased with some of the shots I managed to get, esp a few of the eagles.

Yes, hopefully see you next week (y)

Hi Andy.

Certainly worth the wait for these mate, excellent for first time out #3, #6 and obviously #7 stand out for me.

Well done :clap: :clap:.

Thanks for the company, pass on my regards to Barry :).

Cheers Steve

Definately worth the wait - trying to get to grips with processing RAW (don't think I've done too bad).

Thanks again, see you soon

Stunning set there. Hope to get up there myself now that the 100-400 lens has been fixed.

Great set, pretty awesome, especially like number 7, looks like the co pilot is watching you!

Stunning set there. Hope to get up there myself now that the 100-400 lens has been fixed.

Thanks very much - would definately recommend it, a great day out (y)

Great set, pretty awesome, especially like number 7, looks like the co pilot is watching you!

Thanks, was surprised to get that shot - must be beginers luck :LOL:

Back