First time in a while.

Edit My Images
No
Two years ago I packed my cameras into their respective bedding places, slid the bags into the bottom of the wardrobe and closed the door on them.
Yesterday I took one of the cameras out and went for a walk with it.
My wife often asked me if I miss taking pictures. My answer was always No. it still is.
Yet I spend a great deal of time revising the images and reflecting on the scenes I photographed and wondered what went through my mind at the time and what I think now when seeing what I had done. And most of all, what story does the image now conjure in my mind.
I have no urge to photograph as I did for so many years. I’m. Done with it. It’s seems as if I’ve finished what I set to find out and have moved on.
Two years ago I borrowed my great grand daughters pencil case and started drawing. Because my mobility is limited I don’t look for things to photograph. I just turn on the computer and browse through the images of the past years, as well as those of other people.
Maybe this is the new; the regeneration of the old.
There is nothing new to discover. Only to rediscover and reinvent what we already know.
I’d like to post some of my favourite images from the past 20 years or so. I’ve never bothered to transfer the pre digital images. They are lost to the decay of time and microbes.

Just tell me when to stop. I’m alone, bored and irritable for company. Not the sort that visits. Hell, no. Just the ones I can talk to from time to time and lock them away when I’m tired of them.

One of my very favourites. It reminds me of the wasteland we live in called Suburbia. The shopping trolley symbolises the commercial world of wanting and not needing, yet even the trolley is treated as a container to be thrown away. Our world might be losing its shine as the rusting metal and the crumbling concrete

4B17E144-424B-43C3-991E-D31C796A8FD4.jpeg

I'm sure you are very welcome. We've probably all been there, in a way. The important thing is you stayed creative and found another outlet. Striking image as well.

I'm sure you are very welcome. We've probably all been there, in a way. The important thing is you stayed creative and found another outlet. Striking image as well.
Cheers Nev. not sure where “there” is. My old man used to tell me: if you don’t know where your going you’ll certainly get there.
It’s as good a place as any to be. Creativity is often taking up when someone left off. Something twigs a thought, we transfer it into words, sounds, images, structures which might trigger someone else into thinking. That’s how I see it. Photographs for me were always twinging someone thoughts. See something different in a different way. 8AC3EB97-149B-44EC-A144-175E21362393.jpeg

You might be right. I think most photographers are tarts. :D

@tom dinning
Me too ,losing or lost any urge to photograph apart the odd shot with iPad or phone of one of my cats, otherwise nothing, my energy going into playing Jazz standards on my piano and funny enough im picking up the pencil, the Apple Pencil and using procreate and other apps on my iPad .
I think I lost the photo urge in the last couple of years when my agraphobia got worse and I cant travel far away from base.

@tom dinning
Me too ,losing or lost any urge to photograph apart the odd shot with iPad or phone of one of my cats, otherwise nothing, my energy going into playing Jazz standards on my piano and funny enough im picking up the pencil, the Apple Pencil and using procreate and other apps on my iPad .
I think I lost the photo urge in the last couple of years when my agraphobia got worse and I cant travel far away from base.
I tried the pencil until my 12 yo great grand daughter borrowed it which means in her words: “it’s mine now, Poppy”
I’d be interested to see what you can do with it. She’s been making animation. Good too. If you can’t post them here send in message

Back