First time in film - Lone tree in Malham

Ya know, I LOATHE HP5 in 35mm, but I'm growing fonder and fonder of it in 120.
I wonder what developer they used.
Thats my sort of photo, I've got a worrying amount of tree against sky photos, though I have more of benches lol

Lovely image and I don't mind HP5+ in any format to be honest but it does work well in 120.

DSCL do a good job but I would say that if you plan to shoot more film it might be worth investing in a scanner yourself, Peter.

Lovely image and I don't mind HP5+ in any format to be honest but it does work well in 120.

DSCL do a good job but I would say that if you plan to shoot more film it might be worth investing in a scanner yourself, Peter.
I have an Epson V850, just by my right knee, so I would if I could be bothered to to plug it on and see how good a scan using that is compared with the lab (medium scan rather than prints).. might just see the comparison...

I visited just after a storm so the clouds were very dark but the tree and limestone pavement were lit by the sun. I think you need the limestone pavement to appear lighter as it gives a good lead into the tree.

Dave

I have seen this or very similar a good few times before and yes the limestone pavements should be much brighter. The dull(ish) lighting isn't helping and this is a typicsl scene where split grade printing would transform the finished article. It would brighten the tops of the limestone blocks but at the same time releive the shadows from being completely blocked up.

Back