First time lapse attempt.

Name
Simon Everett
Edit My Images
Yes
I can see where I could have improved it, but at the time I was both cameraman and logger - and the farmer was breathing down my neck to get it shifted! I think I could have used a longer shutter speed and maybe slightly longer interval, I am not sure, maybe I am going the wrong way. I haven't done another one since because I haven't had the right idea for one. I am still reading up on it though to try and do better next time. PLEASE, don't bother me with any H&S b******t. I don't believe in it - if your time is up, your time is up. Suck it up. I split logs wearing crocs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAo3dY4lw7I&t=32s

I can see where I could have improved it, but at the time I was both cameraman and logger - and the farmer was breathing down my neck to get it shifted! I think I could have used a longer shutter speed and maybe slightly longer interval, I am not sure, maybe I am going the wrong way. I haven't done another one since because I haven't had the right idea for one. I am still reading up on it though to try and do better next time. PLEASE, don't bother me with any H&S b******t. I don't believe in it - if your time is up, your time is up. Suck it up. I split logs wearing crocs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAo3dY4lw7I&t=32s
nice try man!! keep up!!

nice try man!! keep up!!

How could I have improved it... it is too stuttery. Is that because the shutter speed was too fast? The D4s wil lonly go to 1 second interval, you can't set 1/2 second interval.

How could I have improved it... it is too stuttery. Is that because the shutter speed was too fast? The D4s wil lonly go to 1 second interval, you can't set 1/2 second interval.
try to have 2'' seconds shutterspeed and every 4'' seconds to take picture... this numbers is most common for blurry motion timelapses

general rule is keep the shutter speed half of the frame rate - 2 seconds shutter for 1 frame every 4 seconds as above, or 0.5 second shutter speed for 1 frame every second for example. Experiment a bit and see what you like.

Back