First time out with new camera

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
So, yesterday I treated myself (and SWMBO) to a day out at Longleat (near Warminster) to try out my new Nikon D780. All images were taken with the Nikon 24-120mm f/4 lens and aside from some basic post processing using the AUTO button in Lightroom Classic as as they came out of the camera. I wasn't bothered about composition or other artistic concerns just trying to see how the camera/lens combination performed. The sea lion would have been sharper if I'd used a faster shutter speed.
Longleat_2.jpgLongleat_1.jpg
Longleat_3.jpg
Longleat_4.jpg
Longleat_5.jpg
Longleat_7.jpg

Overall, I think the white balance, colours and sharpness are what I was hoping for and are slightly better than the D750. Your observations/comments would be appreciated.

I think they're all lovely pictures Steve and I think that the compositions seem to be faultless really. Well done :D I'd maybe like a bit more room above the birds head but that's being ultra picky :D

Sea Lion certainly knew when to smile. :LOL:

I think they're all lovely pictures Steve and I think that the compositions seem to be faultless really. Well done :D I'd maybe like a bit more room above the birds head but that's being ultra picky :D
Thanks Alan (y) I agree I cropped the bird a bit too much but, as I said, composition wasn't really a criteria.

Sea Lion certainly knew when to smile. :LOL:
Hi Roger :wave: Yeah, they are well trained and know that whenever one of the tourist boats come along they're gonna get fed. Unfortunately the Hippos were playing dead so not exactly photogenic. The safari drive through was a bit underwhelming too as most of the big cats were either in their pens or too far away for the 24-120 lens. Still, it was a fun day out :)

Back