First time post, a few of my pets

Name
Garry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

Well we shall see if this works :p Fingers crossed it does.

Im new to photography and have only recently purchased my camera.

All pictures below were taken with my 50mm f1.8.

Daniel, my baby boy greyhound (8 years old)

DaniBW.jpg

2 of Pandora, my baby girl greyhound also 8 years old

pan2.jpg

Pandora.jpg

And finally 1 of my crested gecko Fangbanger 8 months old

Fangbanger.jpg

I also have 3 rats, 1 cat and a bearded dragon.....can you guess what most of my posts will be till i get the courage to go out and about to take pictures :p

Feel free to critique....im open to comments to learn to become better. :D

The first 3 look a little soft, having a look at your exif your shutter speed ranged from 1/8 to 1/50 which is too slow as you will suffer from movement. Try to keep around 1/125 minimum, bump up your iso if needed.

The first 3 look a little soft, having a look at your exif your shutter speed ranged from 1/8 to 1/50 which is too slow as you will suffer from movement. Try to keep around 1/125 minimum, bump up your iso if needed.

Thanks for the advice. I never noticed it before, but you were right they were soft.

Ive had a quick play in Photoshop with the unsharpen mask. (I know cheating:p)

Please tell me if they are better or at least if im on the right track.

DaniBW-1.jpg

pan2-1.jpg

Pandora-1.jpg

It works with the second one but not the others. I have 3 dogs and love shooting them playing. If your shot looks a little off whether it's framing, exposure or anything else just delete and try again as they are your permanent models who will always have fun posing.

Here are a few of mine

My brothers pup....he's huge now!!

4474810302_33884da9f2_b.jpg

My westie after the op

4410863422_50d9b9beb0_z.jpg

The shot with the window behind your Dog shows a dark face, try to shoot with the light on your back rather than on your lens, if that makes sense

lovely shots, I really like your Crestie, I have one too :)

Back