First try with my 28mm prime

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Kinda a newbie at all this. Spotted this tractor sitting there in the field as I was driving around the Scarborough area. I'm kinda happy with it, lets see what others think:
ytactoredit.jpg

wow, just noticed the reduction in size has changed it somewhat.......

Last edited:
Doesn't look too bad at all. Exposure looks really good except for a few blown highlights in the clouds, just clone over then at about 10% from a grey part of the cloud and that's sorted.
Some will likely say that the tractor is too far to the right but I feel you have the composition just right here.

cheers for the pointers, I have tried to dull down the blown out sections, but it kinda kills the light in the picture (if you know what I mean).....

I'll keep trying. I tend to "try" and do as little post processing as possible, I am trying to TAKE the shot, not make them.

You just have to do the editing in a separate layer and then add a layer mask to paint back the parts you don't want to touch.

No harm in using levels, curves etc, all digital files need some editing.

There's so much depth to this that I feel as though I could fall into it.

You just have to do the editing in a separate layer and then add a layer mask to paint back the parts you don't want to touch.

I'm currently working out how to do that (well, how to do it well), still a total newbie so..........

There's so much depth to this that I feel as though I could fall into it.
Thankyou, I do love this lens....

The sky & tractor are great :) the land mass to the left is slightly dull (in light & contrast terms ) for me. Perhaps merging two separate versions edited for there pluses is a possibility. One for tractor & sky and another for the land mass.

Do enjoy the 28mm prime. I've recently gone back to a set of 28/50/85 mm primes because my zooms just couldn't get wide enough for creative DoF ....... primes give you the opportunity for wide apertures that zooms just can't compete with ..... using them just takes a bit of a mind-shift but it's nice to challenge, adds to the fun :)

Once upon a time there was only primes .... I am that old ;)

Dave B.

I'll give it a try at lightening the foreground a touch (still a newbie at both photography and processing).

Cheers for the comments, quite happy it hasn't been slated

Back