First Try

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Can i have your views on this please. i took this shot near Barrow in Furness. and i thought i would try some editing. So i converted this shot to B&W. its the first time i have tried this so your comments on the pic and the editing would be welcome.:woot:

Boat_B_W.jpg

There you go let me know what you think please:)

Great for a first go :)

It looks a little flat imo, personal preference I like more contrast in mono shots.
Hope you don't mind I gave it a little tweak to show, just used curves in photoshop

Boat_B_W.jpg

Thanks for the comment i dont mind the tweek at all. i do like what you have done looks good thanks(y)

Hi Pokey the ship lacks interest no focal point the angle is wrong I cannot quite put my finger on it. :shrug:
The edit WanderingMind has done helps a bit gets rid of the flatness of th B&W. (y)
Could you not have got round to the front of the ship where the rocks are ??
lower angle perhaps :shrug:
It looks all wrong to me, maybe someone else could help remember its only my opinion :)

ok thanks for the coments its my first time at this type of photography so all comments are welcome

Hi - Too much of a frame fill for me, needs better composition really and a little too much mid-grey in the conversion.

:agree: spot on what I'd have said

Back