First uploaded shot with 7D :)

Name
Leanne
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay, so I know it's not a shot with any great impact but it's a bit of practice I guess :)

Piece of Sunshine by Yanneh, on Flickr

Not really been able to get out much since getting my new camera. It's been awful here - wind, rain, snow. So I thought I'd just mess around with what I've got in the house, in this case - a little bunch of flowers! :)

The flowers were in a small vase on my stairs where there is a nice skylight window above. I set up my tripod on the steps (So awkward!).

I used my Canon 50mm 1.8 with a Kenko 20mm extension tube. Had to set it on a timer to reduce shake as I realised the remote I had for my 400D wouldn't be compatible! :shake:

I must have a setting enabled in photoshop to strip my EXIF info for some reason so here it is:

EXIF Summary: 1/20s f/3.5 ISO100 50mm

C&C appreciated! :) Any advice to a new 7D user is also welcome ;)

It works for me Yanzi - lovely image and great dof

Les :clap:

Thank you both :)
I'm getting ridiculously impatient for better weather now!

I like it. The composition gives the whole image a sense of life. There is an almost anthropomorphic quality to the flower as though it's peeping through a window.
Very nice indeed.

What the heck, almost an advert for EOS 7D's ability.
Love the detail.
well done

Aw wow :) Thanks all for your lovely comments! I appreciate it!

That is a cracking shot Yanzi...

I love the colours and dof too and the little droplets of water... (y)

I think if you use "Save for web" it strips the exif data... maybe use "Save as".

Just a thought. :)

I'll just sit here and join the growing concensus - really like it!

Very very nice :)

What have you shot with previously?

Sam

Thank you all :love:

I think if you use "Save for web" it strips the exif data... maybe use "Save as".

Just a thought. :)
Yeah, I've noticed that now - pity! I need to have a read about saving and colour profiles. I can't seem to get the colours right when I choose "save as". Thanks though :) I'll get it sorted, it's handy to keep the exif data intact!

Very very nice :)

What have you shot with previously?

Sam

Thanks :) I used a Canon 400D before. Very good camera and I had it for a while but I was sold on this one. I like the feel of it and really pleased with a lot of the features - much more to be discovered too, I'm sure.

Not really into flowers but I do like this one, colours are nice and rich, sharp where it needs to be and nice bokeh - like the crop as well

Back