First Walkabout

Ugs

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
I girded my loins and ventured out on my first street photography trip yesterday.
It wasnt as scary as I thought it would be (I am a rather quiet guy). Most people didnt even notice me even though I was using a short (up to 50mm) focal length. Next time I will be able to concentrate more on the composition etc rather than feeling I have to shoot fast and get away quick!
I will just post a couple of shots for C and C and promise to get them better next time :)

Cold-Dog.jpg

Cant fault people that see to the welfare of their pets.

Homeless-with-Dog.jpg

This gentleman plays a mean guitar and his dog is very well looked after - yes I did put something on his bag :)

Thanks for looking.

Quite like No 2, it's a bit soft tho, needs levels tweeked and more space to the right and less on the left. Still, good effort(y)

I tried to give a sense of isolation to him hence the space. Unfortunately there was a person passing to the right I had to cut out. It is a very busy street and getting a clear shot was difficult.

That's better.

Ugs you tend to need slightly more space to the side people, birds or animals are looking, walking of flying into. It gives a sense of somewhere for them to look or go into, if you see what I mean.

Cheers!!!

I girded my loins

You can get arrested for that where I come from! :)

First shot has interest if you crop in on the lassie and dog, but I think the shutter speed was a bit slow?

Susane - Thats better! Thank you ... will aim for that in future :)

Brash - yep, lesson learnt, thank you :)

Steep - You can get arrested here but only if they catch you ..... Yes, it was 1/40. Think I will try in Tv mode next time. Thanks :)

Back