First Water Drop & Smoke Images

R

REB

I had my very first session capturing water drops back on New Year's Day and believe it or not this was the first image I captured once I started firing in anger. I quite like it.

First Water Drop by REB Photography UK, on Flickr

Then today, I tried setting fire to the house and capturing some smoke images for the first time. I quite like the original of this as the 'head' reminds me (vaguely) of ET. Cropped, mirrored and radial gradients added in Photoshop.

...and Breathe... by REB Photography UK, on Flickr

Thanks for looking...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Matt. I've updated the OP and the 2nd picture should now be showing (I had updated the title in LR and re-published but forgot to change the link above).

I'll have play with the water drop and see what takes my fancy.

@thischarmingMal: Thanks.

the second one seems slightly anatomical to me (maybe that's just me), was that an intention?
either way these are both fine examples :)

the second one seems slightly anatomical to me (maybe that's just me), was that an intention?
either way these are both fine examples :)
If you mean they look like bones (now that you mention it), it was not intentional. As I said above, to me it looks vaguely like ET and although it's not quite so event in the picture, there's a waft of faint smoke drifting up from the 'mouth' area. I took dozens of smoke images and then had a look to see which one(s) I want to have a play with to hone my pp skills (which are sadly lacking as I've really only just started to take this hobby seriously).

Thank you all for the comments.

Very nice, love the symmetry.

Back