First Wedding

Edit My Images
Yes
Morning All,

These shots were taken a little while ago with a point and shoot fuji finepix. I thought I'd post them as I have a wedding coming up and wanted some C & C regarding composition etc. All appreciated.

Thanks.

5567_191235808047db518f39986.jpg

galleryphoto.php

galleryphoto.php

galleryphoto.php

5567_203486570647db51d73a538.jpg

i,m impressed.
love the last one.my mrs does stuff like that.
about the only thing that comes to mind is number one.
I may have taken it positioned a little further to my left if poss, to frame them in the arch of the tree.
but thats just my personal preference.the guy in the light suit looks a little uncomfortable.
my other half has a preference for boy,girl ,boy, girl, but again thats her preference.(ooh er mrs, etc).
to repeat myself, i,m impressed.youve definitely got
"the eye" for it. keep up the good work.
i,d love to see what you could do with an SLR.

Kevin H, inaneredstripe many thanks for your feedback it is much appreciated.

I'm now starting to get into looking at positioning people in different ways to try and change the way a picture is composed.

Thanks again.
Paul

when it feels right, it usualy is. you can get too carried away with where your putting people. try and keep it so it feels right to you.
like the shot of the boys for instance. that looks like a natural shot, wether its posed or not.so does the b&g backlit in the doorway.ok you have to do formals too, but even the congregation shot works for me.

Absolutely agree, it was really one of those 'okay I'll take the pictures for you but I'm not a proffessional photographer' moments so I didn't really have to put people into specific poses. The one of the two boys was quite lucky as they were just watching everyone and I managed to capture it just as shown.

Thanks Again,
Paul.

If you are invited to the wedding and "take a few shots" then the above are OK-Good as snaps.
They capture the moment well, and are reasonably well composed.

However, please dont take this the wrong way, I do hope that you arnt the only photographer, they are well off the mark for image IQ, exposure, post processing etc (the last being an exception which is a good montage).
I only say this so that you dont land yourself and the happy couple in the deep end of the cow barn.

Hi Oldgit,

Totally understand and agree it was really a case of their photographer let them down at the last minute and I 'kinda' said I'd help by taking the photos. They were all with a point and shoot and knowing then what I know now they are dreadful.

Thanks for your excellent feedback.
Paul.

..phew... thats all Ok then :)

They are good, the last one however i like that alot.

i think for non professional point and shoot shots they are really good. i would be happy with them. i especially like number three with everyone sqeezed into the church. i really like that one.:)

I think you've done really really well with the equipment that you had to use but I'd agree with Oldgits comments on this. I just think that a combination of low light, difficult conditions & high ISO has pushed your camera (but not you) as far as it could go (y)

You really do need a decent DSLR or 35mm camera to get the best out of wedding photography.

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your comments they are all welcome and much appreciated.

I have moved on from point and shoot to a EOS 400D but I'm still searching for the 'right' lens for portrait, wedding work.

I know this will be another forum, thread but any thoughts or personal preferences are welcome.

Thanks again.

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your comments they are all welcome and much appreciated.

I have moved on from point and shoot to a EOS 400D but I'm still searching for the 'right' lens for portrait, wedding work.

I know this will be another forum, thread but any thoughts or personal preferences are welcome.

Thanks again.

The right lens is really down to budget and your style.

On a crop camera like the 400D best to look at a lens in the 17-55 range and preferably with a constant max aperture of f2.8.

Canon 17-55 f2.8 IS
Sigma 18-50 f2.8
Tamron 17-50 f2.8

All are great lenses. Also there

Canon 24-70 f2.8
Sigma 24-70 f2.8
Tamron 28-75 f2.8

Canon is the best with the others not quite so good (althouigh not bad).

Others will give their thoughts but slower lenses will not be as versatile. Fast primes are also an option but again not so versatile in a fast moving wedding.

You also need backup body/lenses/flashes and a whole lot more if you want to try wedding photography.

I think that #1 is out of focus?
They are good for a point and shoot. I would like to have seen what the built in flash would have done for #3 as It needs some filling in at the front.
Your obviously quite adept with post processing as your last shots IMO are the best.
Get yourself sorted with a decent DSLR and a external flash and grasp some more control of your shots.

Thank you all for your comments. I'm glad for all the help.

Paul

Back