Fisheye in the Cathedral

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Taken in the Gloucester Cathedral this morning - grey days so I decided to use only the fisheye as an antidote to the gloom ... not really got these right but posting them up anyway out of interest :)

Nikon D7000
Samyang 8mm Fisheye
Silver Efex Pro

#1 The Cloisters - Wide Angle

RJB_4616_zps4d1d3195.jpg

#2 The Cloisters - Single Lane

RJB_4628_zpsf05cf41f.jpg

#3 The Top Section!

RJB_4659_zps627759db.jpg

I like these kind of shots,they could maybe benefit from a bit of punch in my humble opinion:)

they could maybe benefit from a bit of punch in my humble opinion:)

They could indeed, I confess my use of the fisheye (handheld @ 1/10th to 1/20th) left a lot to be desired so they are a compromise.
I like the effect that the lens has given but next time I need to at least use a monopod and try to get some better quality images to work with.
Thanks for commenting (y)

Sorry if I'm put of turn here, but I was playing with the photo on my tablet. It seems to me a touch less exposure, more contrast, a little sharpening (to bring out the stonework) and a touch of vignette seems to make the photograph a bit better (IMO of course). I think its because the corridors at the end of the halls are dark that makes them look a little weird.

How did you get the effect for the photos that you have above? Is it just a b&w conversion?

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm put of turn here, but I was playing with the photo on my tablet. It seems to me a touch less exposure, more contrast, a little sharpening (to bring out the stonework) and a touch of vignette seems to make the photograph a bit better (IMO of course). I think its because the corridors at the end of the halls are dark that makes them look a little weird.

How did you get the effect for the photos that you have above? Is it just a b&w conversion?

I'm not one for fisheye but as shots they are lacking contrast IMO.

It's a high key profile in Silver Efex, hence the appearance of over-exposure.
Comments always welcome, good or bad :)

Back