fisheye lens for Nikon D40x??

Edit My Images
No
Is there any fisheye lenses that will work on the D40x??

They will all work, but I don't think there are any AF-S/AF-I/HSM ones, so you will have to use manual focus. Having said that, with a fisheye if you stop down a little bit, surely the dof will be sufficient so you don't have to focus, lol.:p

Did you want to go wider than 10mm? If not the Sigma 10-20mm is HSM so will autofocus on your D40x
Paul ;)

I didn't think any fish eyes worked correctly on a crop sensor? :thinking:

Andy

Nikkor 10.5mm is a fisheye designed for DX (cropped) sensors, and provides a full fisheye effect if I remember correctly.

Lenses such as the Sigma 15mm fisheye only show moderate distortion on a cropped sensor.

Oh right... Is there a canon option? do you know?

Thanks

Andy

There is no Canon equivalent of the Nikon 10.5mm - it's unique! I'm hoping to get one really soon. It'll work on any DX Nikon.

thanks everyone for your help. looks like the nikkor 10.5mm is the one to look at. thanks again

thanks everyone for your help. looks like the nikkor 10.5mm is the one to look at. thanks again

Send a PM to Kerso - He has one listed on £bay for £375 & will usually knock some more off for TP Forumers like us :clap:
Paul ;)

Send a PM to Kerso - He has one listed on £bay for £375 & will usually knock some more off for TP Forumers like us :clap:
Paul ;)

Good to know - I've bought a fair amount from Ian this year and never via Ebay! ;)

Back