Fizzy soda drop

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Sadly the grouting of my bathroom has taken precedence today, so just one from me:

4124539251_1e3e075621.jpg

Click to embiggen

Found an old un-opened bottle of soda water which just called for a macro shot before it went down the sink!

Carl

Great shot, how did you acheive this?

Great shot, how did you acheive this?

The key is getting setup and focused first. The camera is directly overhead of my blank DVD, I make sure it's parallel by using a hotshoe spirit level. I'll run a few test shots with plain water to get the focus roughly right, then I'll place the drop of fizzy water / soda. It's best to get prepped as the bubbles form pretty quickly then it goes a bit flat :(

Awesome stuff Carl :) Nice focus, considering it's directly from above :D

Ta, out of about 20 shots it was the only one in focus, they're a bugger to do and have the lowest "keeper" rate of any of my macros ;)

Carl

Ta, out of about 20 shots it was the only one in focus, they're a bugger to do and have the lowest "keeper" rate of any of my macros ;)

Carl

Aye! Tis. Fantastic colours Carl. What lighting are you using for it? And what angle against the CD?

Awsome! It looks the sort of object Luke Skywalker would practice light saber techniques on lol! (y)

...use the force Carl

Aye! Tis. Fantastic colours Carl. What lighting are you using for it? And what angle against the CD?

LOL, my £10 B&Q LED bendy necked lamp, just keep moving it around until the rays of light appear in the right place on the DVDs surface.

Awsome! It looks the sort of object Luke Skywalker would practice light saber techniques on lol! (y)

...use the force Carl

:D

LOL, my £10 B&Q LED bendy necked lamp, just keep moving it around until the rays of light appear in the right place on the DVDs surface.

I have a similar thing! It doesn't out out a lot of light though ¬_¬

Cracking shot, another on my to try list!

What Macro Lens do you have?

Back