Captive Flamingo land zoo

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
Yes
just some pictures i forgot about when i went for a visit to flamingo land in north Yorkshire. highlight of the trip was watching the 3 tiger cubs bounce around and irritate their mum :D

Cubs wrestling
IMG_8521 by Nicholas curtis, on Flickr

Dad eating dinner
IMG_8657 by Nicholas curtis, on Flickr

Getting tired
IMG_8220 by Nicholas curtis, on Flickr

Family nap
IMG_8895 by Nicholas curtis, on Flickr

baboon
IMG_8837 by Nicholas curtis, on Flickr

Red panda portrait
Red panda portrait by Nicholas curtis, on Flickr

Ring-tailed lemur eating
ring tailed lemur eating lunch by Nicholas curtis, on Flickr

playing hippos
Flamingo land hippos playing 4 of 4 by Nicholas curtis, on Flickr

Very nice set indeed (y)

Nice set.
Beautiful looking tigers :)
A couple are erring on the side of oversaturated colours though.

really like the tiger cub shots, the one hiding in the bushes is real nice they seem to make a nice subject, when were the cubs born? as i would like to visit and snap a few shots myself

Some nice captures - when were these taken?
These where taken August bank holiday last year, i put them on flickr but forgot to put them on here :oops: :$
Nice set.
Beautiful looking tigers :)
A couple are erring on the side of oversaturated colours though.
Thank you, i tend to oversaturate animals most of the time i must find it pleasing for some reason. it's only when i look at them a month later i can see it haha
really like the tiger cub shots, the one hiding in the bushes is real nice they seem to make a nice subject, when were the cubs born? as i would like to visit and snap a few shots myself
I shot their last august and they were 12 weeks old then. Because they are a super rare kind of tiger other zoos really want them and the head keeper has to choose what zoos they go too. I'm sure he said that it could be up to 2 years before they are ready to leave their mum so there is still time but i would imagine that they are quite bit bigger now:D

Last edited:
Back