Flash bracket for macro

Edit My Images
No
Ok just getting my stuff together so i can start a bug hunt.

Got the canon 100mm 2.8L for my lens and the 580EX flash, all i need now is a bracket and some skills.

This is the type of thing i want to use, but was wondering what you guys/gals use.
Delta Flip Flash
I read that these brackets can creep, also no outlet in the UK :wacky:

So anyway......what you got?

Now where's Hacker when you need him :LOL:

:D :D

This is all you need, two pieces of velcro, costing about £3. Job done. No need for fancy schmancy brackets. :razz:

S4300008.jpg

I used a Manfrotto 233B flash bracket with a ball connector to angle the flash head.

setup.jpg

I prefer shots without flash now though.

Thanks for the replies

Yeah hacker i can see that working with a big lens (y) but not with my 100mm
Also what tripod is that :eek: Looks very sturdy to say the least.

And RobertP
thanks for showing the Manfrotto 233B, i take it that is also has the base plate for the camera, i will go look at the sizes.

You say you gone off flash :eek:.......too harsh ?

Thanks again.

That's a good looking bracket Robert, was it expensive and how do you rate it?

Got mine from t4 cameras.

http://www.t4cameras.co.uk/index.asp?pname=/newresults.asp?prodsearch=233

It adjusts forward as well as telescopic so for normal use it can put the flash quite high. Easy to adjust and locks up solid.

For macro use it is good for longer distances but maybe a bit big for closer to the lens shots. That is why I had to buy a small ball joint to angle the whole flash unit back down. Mounted straight on the end of the bracket it is too far away.

Oh and as to flash or no....

No flash
fly1.jpg

Flash
spider2.jpg

Just think natural light looks better.

I used a Manfrotto 233B flash bracket with a ball connector to angle the flash head.

setup.jpg

I prefer shots without flash now though.

Where did you purchase your ball rotator? I recently purchased that Manfrotto bracket, and that seems like it would help me out... Thanks!

Back