Flash for Sony NEX-7

Name
T
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

I have purchased a used Sony NEX-7 mirroless camera and I was wondering what is the best hot shoe adapter to put a third party flash speedlite ie Neewer, Meike etc

The sync speed of the NEX-7 is 1/160 which is a bit low !
Compared to my EOS 7Dii which is 1/250, which is more versitale

I currently own canon EOS 7Dii, EX430 Mkii & EX580 Mkii which I would love to integrate in to my camera set up. In the future I love to get the godox triggers to use on both my EOS 7Dii and the NEX-7 to keep the cost down.

I am hoping to use the NEX-7 mainly as travel camera, however I would like to use it for macro for instects ie hover flies, honey bees, butterfly’s etc when using my larger EOS 7Dii is not possible.

Many thanks

T

1/250 to 1/160 is less than a stop - I'm not sure how you see one as a 'bit low' and the other as 'more versatile'.

I'm not sure how much of a problem an adaptor will be - that Minolta hot shoe is quite old tech so there should be plenty available.

You want a Pixel TF-325 to go from the old Sony / Minolta iISO shoe to Canon (£11.76 from Amazon)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pixel-TF-3...words=pixel+325&qid=1579008149&s=photo&sr=1-1

I have purchased an adaptor similar to the above link from ebay.
My version has 3 pins with one big pin a 2 smaller were the above product has 5 pins like a Canon hot shoe
I have tried my canon 580EX Mkii and it does not fire !
The PC sync port I will try next and see if that triggers the 580EX Mkii flash

Back