Flash Help for studio photogarphy.

DinoS

Hmmmmm.......Paste!
Edit My Images
Yes
hi

i may be doing a photo studio shoot for some people. there will be a relfector and also two main light units.

should i get a flash and will it help it getting good shots of people ( i want simple shots that show the people not artisitc shots)

if so what flash should i get as i have a 400d

thanks

M

if there will be two main light units why do you need a camera flash.

As Digitalmaniac says - Why do you need a Flash as well?

The 2 heads will provide you with more than enough light to fulfill your needs.

I think your limitations on this shoot are going to be your knowledge rather than the equipment. If you dont understand Studio Lighting or Lighting in general - your going to struggle getting the shots and that is irrelevant of whether you are using Natural/Flash or Studio lighting setups.

No you won't need a camera flash.

Think Double_Agent is being a little harsh everyone has to learn somehow and jumping in at the deep end is sometimes the best way.

I admire your enthusiasm m8, but you seem to be constantly finding 'deep ends' to jump into due to an obvious lack of knowledge in all areas - not being nasty here, but you'd learn an awful lot from a trip to a library or buying a couple of basic 'How to' books and studying them well. This should give you enough grounding to figure out the main attack on such as this, then you can ask for more specific help

Questions such as this as so wide as to be almost impossible to advise on properly, so you're not getting the help you're after

Good luck anyway

Not too sure if you said you actually owned any lighting or not or whether you were borrowing it. but if not you could always go for the Elinchrom D-Lite 2 Go kit. They are down to about £350 now from just under £490. Contains all you need and an instructional dvd. Very easy to follow and understand. Get stuck in and feel free to come back on here for advice as you go along. But buying a few books will help. 'Photographing people' by Rotavision is a great book and shows colour pics with the lighting diagram set up next to each of them showing how they were done.
Im' still learning. I started an evening photography course and now im' doing a full time two year BTec National Diploma in photography.

Back