Flash Mounting ?

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
Inspired by Wildlight's set up at Exbury (yes I know it was Canon !) I am going to attempt to mount my flash unit on something bendy :wacky:
Nikon don't'make anything remotely like it.

I have bought the extension lead and my question is:

Would it be better to have something that actually attaches to the hotshoe end or would it be better to mount it on the tripod screwhole ?
The tripod end would probably be easier because all you would meed is a flexible type rod (type used on desk lamps)with 2 flash type scews fitted in either end, but my concern is which would be safer ?

I have a friend who is brilliant and making these things and is going to see what we can do.

I like the idea of being able to postion the flash wherever it is best suited.

Comments appreciated

gorillapod be any good?

Not really cos I want it attached to the camera not a tripod, never use one

from what i have seen, most flash brackets tend to be mounted to the tripod mount, as i think it is a stronger joint.

Obviously confused you all :LOL: I'm good at that.

I need the flash close to the lens, at the moment I tend to hold it and shoot one handed, don't have a problem with the design just whether hot shoe or tripod mount would be better.

Excuse rubbish drawing, using a mouse pad, but this is the sort of thing:

fn.jpg

fn2.jpg

I just use an off camera cord and on a flash grip which I fashioned a cheap Hama ballhead on to.
3545401519_389026f2d7_o.jpg

I wouldn't have a flash hanging off the hotshoe like that Ingrid.

Cheers Alby, I had one of those with my film camera and gave it away with the rest of the stuff :bang:
Don't like the idea of banding the flash to the lens as it seems to rub on the focus ring when I hand hold it now.

i strap my flash to the lens with hair bands, with foam between the touching parts and use an off camera cord.

it's bit welfare but it works

Back