flash triggers.

They look very similar to some of the ones you can get from ebay for a lot less money. At least if there is any problems with these it'll be easier to do something about it as theyre in this country.

WAITTTTT!!!

For around £110 you could buy a set of Skyports which work so well. Basically the same as PW's but cheaper. Give those a look at first before you buy these. Have a look in the Lighting bit for my review on them ;)

Great value for me!! Trust me and work 120%!!!

yes i have those exactly... i have five receivers and one transmitter. unfortunately i have to use one on each flash head on my interfit stellars as they don't work on 'slave' mode, so each has to be triggered with a unit...very pricey, wish i'd have known at the time lol! i must say they are not very good...i mean they're better than an infrared transmitter, as the IR works only at certain distances and fails alot, whilst these work at much greater distances and spread out/turned backwards, etc. but they aren't great, i'd say one out of every 3 flashes fails, very annoying and sad. Im saving up for either the Elinchrom or Bowens units next, but since I have to get one for each head,....ouch lol. maybe they'd work better if your units fire each other off in slave mode, then you'd just need the one.
But i would really try and get something a bit better, unless you plan to just do small-scale studio work where the flash heads are rather close to you and not spread out at funny angles...the most annoying thing in the world is when i have a flash head suspended 12 feet up on a boom arm and i have to climb up and very gently mess around with it's receiver to try and flip it over to be able to receive the signal for the transmitter (as they can be very sensitive if not facing you, etc.) wastes ALOT of time, flashes, and patience, not to mention energy! :D

Back