Fleetwood Groyne

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All :wave:

Been trying out a few slow shutter shots. Critique & comments very welcome.

#1. Canon 350D / Sigma 10-20mm @ 17mm / ND8 / F11 / 5secs
lightx800.jpg

#2. Canon 350D / Sigma 10-20mm @ 18mm / ND110 / F8 / 30secs
IMG_1364x12x800size.jpg

Cheers
Paul :)

first one seems a bit overproccessed to me, second one is very nice though!

I feel I shouldn't like these, but I do. You've built quite a lot of blur into the sky in #1, the groyne is very dark, there appears to be quite a bit of tonemapping/processing, yet the colours, textures (particularly the water and the pebbles) and composition make it a very easy picture to fall into. 2 is another variation on the same theme, has a decent, easily understood composition, a nice amuse gueule to tickle the attention with the stones on the post, and the textures, and the contrasts between static and moving, are interesting.

No: 2 rocks my world (y)

Many thanks for the comments chapps. :)

#1. I would agree the comments on the first one looking over processed, but no tone mapping or excessive processing was involved. I quickly took this pic to get the light rays before they disappeared. The colour cast is from the cheap ND filter I used. I now realise I should have altered the white balance to correct this, so will sort that out.

#2. I prefer this one too, and more time was taken over this one in setting up a pleasing composition and pebbles. I’m going to have to Google “amuse gueule” though. :LOL:

Many thanks
Paul

I think both shots are equally good but I do like the way you are led into the scene in the first shot where you are eventually drawn to the shimmering rays hitting the horizon in the background. Fantastic.

Back