Flickr Explore Accolades and Facts

Name
Garry
Edit My Images
No
In a recent blog post, Leticia Roncero, Community Manager at Flickr, explains why some photos make it into Explore and others don't; how tags, groups, and frequency of posting affect the algorithm, and why there are so many bird photos in Explore. A short and interesting read.

In a recent blog post, Leticia Roncero, Community Manager at Flickr, explains why some photos make it into Explore and others don't; how tags, groups, and frequency of posting affect the algorithm, and why there are so many bird photos in Explore. A short and interesting read.

THat's a very interesting read Gary, thanks for posting the link.

"I had wondered just how it works and also why all of a sudden I've had so many snaps in "Explore", I think its now 15 within the last three months with the latest being two weeks ago"

George.

It's still a mystery to me. I've had 27 pictures on explore over the years yet I don't engage that often. Very rarely comment on others pictures.

I have of late been thinking of using it more, drop Instagram and just post on Flickr.

Do you guys still use Flickr regularly?

Haven’t had a explored for a few years but last time I checked it was just under 300 , probably post in to many groups now and don’t give it the thought I used to do ..

Back