Flickr permissions help, please

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Right, I now have a pro Flickr account and have managed to put 4 sets in there.

However, I don't want them public but I do want to send the link to the sets out to my friends and family without them having to register on flickr.

I can't seem to do that though, could do it with picasa :razz: :D

Can anyone help

TIA

ignore - stooopid

Ah - I didn't do that, I copied the link for the sets, can you not do that then, do I have to send all the different sets separately witha guest pass?

It wont know if they are your friends and family without them signing up to flickr first, as far as I know. FITPs method is probably the only way.

If you make a photo private you can still link to the .jpg file and it is visable, you just cant link to the 'Photo page' IE the bit with the comments etc.

And I've just found how to set a guest pass for my whole photostream......

should have read the faqs!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It wont know if they are your friends and family without them signing up to flickr first, as far as I know. FITPs method is probably the only way.

If you make a photo private you can still link to the .jpg file and it is visable, you just cant link to the 'Photo page' IE the bit with the comments etc.

Ah I see, I think......:D

Going to try the guest pass route

Ah nice one, didnt know there were such things as guest passes :) learnt something new

I have the patience of a gnat today and couldn't work it out in the first 5 seconds so thought I'd come on here and ask :confused:

Thanks to you both for replying so quickly though

Is there a way to share my whole photostream including Friends and Family photos?

Yes! First we should mention that the best way to share your photostream is to invite them to create a Flickr account. When they have an account you can mark them as a Friend or Family and they can see any photos that you have marked as such. (this will also let them comment and favourite which is even more fun :).
But if you know someone that doesn't want to create an account you can still share your Friends and Family photos with them. Just go to your photostream and click on the "Share this" button. When you share the stream or grab the link you will have the option to create a Guest Pass. This will let people see any photos in your photostream that you made available for friends or family. That means that until you expire the pass, people who use your Guest Pass can see all the photos in your whole account that are marked visible for friends or family, even if they aren't members

Back